Kaisercraft Script Word
I recently altered a wood script word from kaisercraft.
It started out looking like this.
I gave it a coat of Making memories 'dusk' paint and when that had dried I used some Stampin Up 'Pumpkin Spice' ink on my Hero Arts Grid lines stamp and applied it to some of the letters. I also used Stampin Up French Script Background with 'Wild Wasabi' ink on others.
Then I randomly painted out some of the stamped areas to give it a non uniform patchworky appearance. I used the small flower stamp from the Paper Treyink love lives here set with their cloud white ink to place flowers sparingly and whimsically across it. I painted the centres with Making Memories Strawberries and Cream paint. I randomly sanded edges and faces of the letters to give an aged and distressed look. I also finely applied Making memories Pearl Glaze along the side of some letters to give a shimmer as the light hits it :)
When it was all dry I attached it to the wall with 3M velcro strips, I had to trim them down a little but I like that they hold it out slightly from the surface of the wall to give it more dramatic shadows and dimension. Here it is mounted as one of the finishing pieces for the wall art in little Miss's room. He humming bird wall sticker and cute little pink bird branch hook are both from Typo.
You get a glimpse of the sweet beaded light shade here too.