I've barely touched my Crochet Mood Blanket these last two weeks, my crochet energy is going into tweaking a doll dress I designed. However as I had completed a lot of hexagons in Feb I am still on track for my one motif a day at this stage.
I think my proportions are going to have to be reassessed as I thought my blanket would need to be 18 by 18 hexagons but I hadn't taken into account the way hexagons fit together. One side is zigzag, with points of hexies on the outer edge and the adjoining side is notched with flat sides making a rise and fall pattern.
I had planned to work up to a size of 12 x 12 and to then decide how to progress in rounds adding another 3 hexagons on every side and think about my bordering. I'm at the beginning of the 11th row already having 12 in each existing row and I can see that with the addition of two more rows the piece will still be slightly rectangular in appearance; my blanket will also need to be longer than what I originally estimated, in order to be a nice size to 'cover' our bed.
I've added a few more colours this month and the black isn't bothering me as it was last month, having it more sparsely dispersed makes it easier for me to handle visually. I'll continue on up to my 12 rows of 12 hexagons and decide how to go forward and where to add from there :)
Tammy it just looks lovely. I hope you are feeling a little better now.ReplyDelete
Looking great Tammy!ReplyDelete
Wow Tammy it's coming along beautifully, such vibrant colours will be such a treasured heirloom in years to come xReplyDelete